This is a topic addressed by coach Nito Brea. Today few structures use the statisques in the padel. Would this be a good idea?
Nito Brea, former professional player and current high level coach, presents a new side of padel very interesting: statistics. In padel we now use videos, of course, but we mostly rely on the impressions of players and coaches. Shouldn't that be professionalized?
When we take a look at other professional sports like football or tennis, we notice that there are many statistics for all players. The number of direct faults, winning points, the number of kilometers covered, etc., which make training much more professional.
So before all of this is official, here's what Nito Brea thinks about it.
- At first, the stats may come to support or deny the words of the coach. Perception is one thing, but reality is another.
- Allow players to realize their strengths and weaknesses. We do not necessarily see or believe that this or that move or phase of the game is favorable or unfavorable to us. The stats don't lie.
- Better know the important aspects of the game. Today everything is done by word of mouth based on experience. With the analyzes, new tactics will be created.
- Create a history for each player, each tournament. The concern would of course be to have clear and precise data insertion criteria.
- Build loyalty among “aficionados”. The better the padel fans are informed, the better their engagement. These tools will make it possible to have much more complete live television broadcasts, new activities and targeted contests.
- On the training side, inserting statistics would allow coaches to leave with new weapons, and for young players, to launch their careers on quantifiable bases.
Today Nito Brea is involved in PadelStat because for him it is through this that the future of padel passes. Videos, statistics, databases, a loaded toolbox in which we could all dig.
Julien Bondia is a padel teacher in Tenerife. He is the founder of AvantagePadel.net, a software very appreciated by clubs and padel players. Columnist and advisor, he helps you play better through his many padel tutorials.