[box type = ”info”]Our friendsAdidas Padel offer us technical and tactical topics on the Padel. Regular testimonials thanks to its pro ADIDAS team.[/box]
Jaime Rey, one of the Adidas team's pro padel players Padel returns to a subject that concerns us all: How to play the key points in padel?
These key points are the famous games where everything is played on one point and that can escape us.
We will try here to find good manners to avoid a few sleepless nights of frustration ...
1 / The concentration: a fundamental factor when we come to these decisive moments. Easy to say, yet, it's really time to stay focused on the goal and not go astray thinking about something else for example or looking around. We must also know where we are in the match precisely. How many times have we ever played a match without knowing the actual score? If one of the players asks for the score, it is because this player is not very concentrated.
2 / The tactic : If there is a good time when we can take a little time is important points. Talk with your partner before starting this point. Set a course to follow so you do not go into the unknown. It's easier to focus on a point with a well-established plan than to get into that point with stress and not knowing what to do exactly. Tactics, though perhaps not so effective, can reassure and make us better on these decisive points.
3 / Strikes: Try to make a quick assessment of what worked and try to focus on it. It will be easier to tackle this decisive point.
- Weak points: we need to know what are the weak points of our opponents. Not playing in their comfort zone will also likely increase the pressure in the opposing ranks.
- Long points: It does not necessarily panic and try the decisive point quickly, because for once, the fault will certainly be there. Try to make the point last to test your opponents. Obviously do not be too defensive or too much waiting, otherwise it is you who will be attacked and put under pressure. But difficult to find the right balance ...
What are the exercises that will train you on these caliente points?
- Exercise 1: We can play real games situations by starting games at 15 / 40, 30 / 30, 0 / 40.
- Exercise 2: If the pair makes 2 non-forced errors, it loses the game. This exercise can also be done at an individual level.
- Exercise 3: We can work ball control exercises in parallel or cross. This type of exercise must be done with few balls and no basket, so that the players are really concentrated at each point.
- Exercise 4: Play Tie-Break in 7 points under the conditions explained previously.
More generally, the idea is to practice not having "trembling" on the important points. It is therefore necessary to create game situations to be more effective when it happens in a match situation. The idea is to mitigate the negative effects of stress, even if there will never be a miracle solution on the trembling arm. "The bets" / "internal events or competitions organized by the clubs" and even some software used can help ...
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Pyramid Club in 2009 in the Paris region. Since then padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France by going to cover the big French paddle events.