and where everyone wants to be noticed thanks to a great sporting performance.
within the public, all the elements are gathered to launch the pre-qualification of the 2016 edition of the Master World Padel Tour Barcelona.
Side weather, small flat for fans and sun lovers who had to settle for a gloomy weather and cloudy; the players had to master a heavy ball and evolved on a slightly damp track.
Robin Haziza and Jérémy Scatena have not gone far
Big topical subject on the other side of the Pyrenees, the internationalization of padel materializes with the presence of the invited pair French Champion Haziza / Scatena and the Dutch players Bruijsten / Meijer.
Other representatives of padel in its “global” version made up the table: the top Portuguese players Diogo Rocha and Diogo Shaeffer, from London the Spanish X.De Benito and the Argentinian M.Andrini, J. Pastor (Monaco) associated with R. Saba, player Argentinian having ranked 30th in the world in 2011.
Very briefly, Padel Magazine presents you some results of the day of Pre-Qualification of Saturday 30 April:
- Juan Carlos Ferrero and B. Frances played the marathon match of the day: 6-7 7-6 6-3 defeat against D. Esteban / G. Godo, number 16 Catalan Federation.
They bow 6-4 6-1 against R. Rodriguez / M. Gonzalez and led 4-1 in the first inning!
Robin, well back in the game did not manage to “contaminate” Jérémy who had to face a talented setback which alternated wonderfully short games - long games.
For information. Roberto Rodriguez plays in the 25th position of the Catalan Federation of Padel.
- Catalan hopefuls Roger Aromi / Enric Batalla did not surprise the experienced Sergi Bursa - Pol Alsina (20 and 29th Catalan fed Padel), 6-1 6-3 defeat of the young players trained by Pablo Ayma.
- F. Pastor and R. Saba bowed against the young players from Girona M. Geli (70th Catalan fed) and S. Guimet, aggressive and decisive throughout their game.
- The Catalan numbers 1 E. Sanmarti / A. Biglieri, supported by their Mas de Perpignan fan club impose their rhythm on D.Schaeffer / P. Acevedo, and display from the outset a very high level performance 7-6 6- 4.
- M. Andrini and X De Benito did not fit into the frenetic pace of their match against A. Viuda (Alicante) and I. Otero (Galicia), experienced players who were used to qualifying World Padel Tour.
Jean-Marc Herard is the chronicler Padel Magazine internationally. Barcelona offers us a more international vision of padel including his chronicle Padel Buzz. JMH is the scanner of padel World.