The Professional Title (TFP) announced by the FFT should land in January 2022. The FFT is also currently in the process of training trainers across France as during the sessions recently held in Balma and Marne-la-Coquette.
The TFP Padel is a diploma that allows players to professionalize 100% padel which do not necessarily come from tennis. Obtaining this Professional Title (TFP) allows you to teach the padel legally for remuneration. This title is issued “in the name of the State and is registered in the national directory of professional certifications (RNCP)".
Tennis DEs will be able to obtain this TFP via a simplified module.
How to get there?
The player must answer the following elements:
- Hold a civic first aid training certificate level 1 (PSC1) when entering training
- Be an FFT licensee when registering for training
- To be able to justify at the start of training a level of play equivalent to that of the players of the first third of the federal classification. This prior requirement is verified by producing a certificate issued by the National Technical Director of Tennis or his representative on the basis of:
- From the federal ranking of padel of the candidate: he must be or have been classified in the first third of this classification. For info, the ranking padel is numerical and given the increase in the number of competitors and the increase in their level, the taking into account of a percentage is necessary to identify the level of practice required.
- A certificate issued by a foreign federation or by the International Federation of padel
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to attest to one's physical ability to teach padel. This prior requirement is verified by producing a medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice and supervision of the patient. padel less than a year old.
How will the TFP be set up?
Take the training
- In apprenticeship: 240h in a training center and 638h in a reception structure
- Excluding apprenticeship: 240h in a training center and 100h minimum in a reception structure
UC 1: Design and implement development actions
UC 2: Supervision of all public in safety
UC 3: Training Club Competitors in Safety
How is the evaluation done?
There will be 3 assessment modules:
UC 1: Production of a written document + oral defense + interview
UC 2: Animation of a collective safety initiation session + an interview
UC 3: Conduct of an individual training session with a player from the alternation structure + an interview
Request an equivalence
If you hold a DE / DES tennis, in this case, you will have a reduced training to obtain this right to teach tennis. padel. We are talking about equivalence here. To obtain it, the following conditions must be met:
- BEES 1st degree tennis option having followed the Federal Diploma Instructor Training Padel (DFMP)
- BEES 2nd degree tennis option having followed the Federal Diploma Instructor Training Padel (DFMP)
- DE JEPS mention tennis specializing in sports improvement having followed the Federal Diploma Instructor Training Padel (DFMP)
- JEPS with a tennis specialization in sports performance having followed the Federal Diploma Instructor Training Padel (DFMP)
The duration of this training will be 40 hours.
Request a Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE)
If you cannot apply for an equivalence, no problem, you will have to validate prior experience (VAE). It is precisely a procedure which makes it possible to “restore a certain parity between the achievements of classical education and those resulting from parallel or self-taught courses"
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.