The final phase of the National Tennis Cup in Cap d'Agde is canceled. Terrible news for the biggest amateur tennis competition in the world. Consequence: The National Padel Cup will also not take place in 2020.
My dear friends, players, guides, clubs,
As you know, since March 2020 we have been going through a very difficult period which complicates the management of both our personal and professional lives and the practice of our passions.
In June, following government announcements relating to containment, we were forced to cancel the qualifying phases, with the greatest regret for our 20 players and their clubs.
For the first time, we have taken the decision to prepare an unprecedented final phase to offer all participants the opportunity to play the 32nd edition of the National Tennis Cup without having to qualify.
From the opening of registrations on June 15, 2020, the success was immediate and I thank you. The registration of 800 players in the space of 24 hours, despite the increase in the price of the pass, shows the trust you place in us. This confidence has given us back our strength and reinforced the idea of maintaining a final phase although it would generate significant financial losses.
For the past week, sanitary conditions have deteriorated and the context around the National Tennis Cup has become more and more unstable:
- Cancellation of numerous registrations,
- Cancellation of certain partnerships,
- Cancellation of all our friends from the meeting,
- Inability to organize parties and evenings,
- Obligation to set up hidden and motionless animations (seated),
- No certainty as to prefectural decisions (cancellation possible until the day before the tournament),
- Total absence of the French Tennis Federation.
Beyond the difficult financial conditions we face, the conditions of play, celebration and fun will not be met to implement the tournament in the same context as the one you know.
As a result, it is with immense sadness that I made the decision to cancel the finals of the 33rd edition of the National Tennis Cup.
I hope with all my heart that this decision, which I consider wise and measured, will not tarnish the wonderful moments and memories we have of the NTC.
I promise you and I am deeply convinced that we will come back stronger next year with a very large edition.
For your information, accommodation will be refunded immediately and in full. Regarding the pass, two reimbursement solutions are available to you:
1. I request the full and immediate refund of my pass.
2. I support the NTC and agree to benefit from a credit for the 2021 edition which will allow me to be automatically qualified for the final phase without freeing me from the registration fees for the 2021 qualifying phase.
Thank you for sharing your decision with us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are at your entire disposal for any additional information.
Looking forward to seeing many of you next year, I wish you a good year, good health and good tennis performance.
With my sincere thanks,
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.