A stage 8 heavy in kilometers for the artists of the hole pala. We start in Saintes to arrive at La Rochelle, passing through Limoges and Poitiers.
It will take miles to find our happiness, but it's definitely worth it! France is magnificent and today's stage is really a good sample of what we can find in this beautiful country.
Saintes, city of Charente-Maritime is a communications hub. It has been part of the network of cities of art and history since 1990, notably through its Gallo-Roman past.
Limoges, a city founded in 10 BC by the Roman Empire, has been one of the world capitals of porcelain since the discovery of a kaolin deposit in 1765.
Besides its famous Futuroscope, Poitiers or the city of a hundred bell towers, is a city of history, rich in curiosities. By its churches, its half-timbered houses, its mansions or by the discovery of the marshes, Poitiers will surprise you.
Finally our stage ends on the coast, at La Rochelle. This millenary port has made the reputation of the city. Protected by the Isle of Ré, the Isle of Oléron and the Isle of Aix, the place is ideal for exchanges. Former slave port, it is now heavily used for tourism, starting point for the famous Fort Boyard.
In this region, 6 clubs of padel await you with their 17 tracks. If certain clubs or tracks are missing from this list, please let us know at contact @padelmagazine.fr.
- Tennis Padel Saintes Club is an amazing place for tennis and tennis lovers padel. With its 12 tennis courts, its padel outside (and soon a second) and its super club house, once you pass the door, you immerse yourself in the shoes of champions.
Contact : 06 86 98 06 48. More info here.
- 4Padel Limoges is a center well known by players of padel. A place perfectly designed for the practice of this sport and its after effort. 2 indoor tracks.
Contact : 07 60 06 43 16. More info here.
- The Stade Poitevin Tennis Padel, in Poitiers is a tennis reference in the region. With its 3 tracks of padel outdoors, this club becomes “the place to be” on sunny days.
Contact : 05 49 46 23 74. More info here.
- The Sporting Club of Poitiers is located south of the city. This multisport center offers 2 ski runs padel indoors, but also squash, badminton, foot5 and fitness. The club has been closed for several months. But it could rise from the ashes in the coming months.
Contact : 05 49 50 09 09. More info here.
- 4Padel La Rochelle is a great center which brings together several sports including football5 and 8 tracks of padel indoor.
Contact : 09 70 73 79 52. More info here.
- On the Ile de Ré, the Ars en Ré club is certainly the club of padel the most westerly of the Hexagon. His land of padel borders the Atlantic, magical.
Contact : 05 46 29 59 80. More info here.
Julien Bondia is a teacher of padel in Tenerife. He is the founder of AvantagePadel.net, a software very popular with clubs and players of padel. Columnist and advisor, he helps you to play better through his many tutorials padel.