In padel, well volley is essential if you want to evolve your game. Unlike tennis, the volley padel can not be avoided because that's where we earn the points. If the volley is not your strong, then it will be necessary to put you there!
What is the forehand volley technique or how to volley effectively?
Three phases are to be taken into account:
1 / Waiting position:
- legs should be slightly bent
- the body weight forward
- The snowshoe head at the chin
2 / Impact:
- Open the shoulders while shifting the racket
- Advance towards the ball by cutting it slightly.
- taking in front of you. The point of impact with the ball must be in front of you
3 / Termination
After impact, the arm should be directed to the area to be reached
- the first flight is often a “construction” flight, that is to say not final. We will take care not to make a mistake
- The baseline line is an important visual cue and the impact zone of the ground ball
- The position of the player in the first end is usually 1,5 m of the net. Once this is done, think of taking a step forward
Good training and very quickly,
Pierre Lamoure, the "French" exiled in Spain, founder of Upadel.net, professor and technical manager of padel Vals Axarquia club in Torre del Mar, launches its column padel « technical and tactical ". Find regularly articles and videos on how to play padel with Pierre Lamoure.
more info here on his program.
Pierre Lamouré is one of the technical pillars of Padel Magazine. The founder of Upadel.net, regularly offers you technical and tactical topics around padel. A question ? A demand ? do not hesitate to contact him at pierrelamoure @padelmagazine.fr