The 2013 season and the 2014 season (in progress) have been impacted by two events:
- The suspension of the FFP's accreditation by the Ministry following the various proceedings brought against it by a group from its ranks.
- The break-up of the FIP (International Federation of Padel) during the world championships at CANCUN and the creation of two blocks (Europe => EUROPEAN PADEL FEDERATION and FIP => South America, EU, Canada) in proceedings against each other (see interview Ana BASTARECHE ... PADEL magazine).
For a year, the inventory in France is as follows:
- The FFP contacted the Ministry to retrieve a ministerial accreditation. After two appointments (16 April and 9 September 2013), the FFP waits for the meeting (1) during which the padel will be associated with a homologated Federation (FF tennis or other, within which it will be guaranteed a representing the players and clubs of the FFP).
The Ministry chose the integration method (department 14 February 2004 mail) to put back on the saddle PADEL on the national and international level (the homologation being necessary for the recognition with the international bodies ... whatever they are!)
- In 2014, the FFP will ensure the tournament schedule, the holding of the classification, the qualifications for the world championships (if they are organized !!) as soon as the problem of accreditation is settled, the clubs and the players will be able to again affiliate and fire. Today, it's up to each player to cover their insurance.
Finally, for the record:
- The FFP at a future General Assembly, will proceed to the election of a new Steering Committee, the mandate of the previous CD having expired.
- Then reinstated in its rights and with a new governance, the FFP (created e 1989 accredited since the 21 / 08 / 1922 ... !!!) will resume its activities and will again provide its help and advice to all practitioners of our sport.
Press release from the French Federation of Padel the 24 / 04 / 2014
(1) Meeting scheduled as soon as the new Ministerial Cabinet is in place.
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Pyramid Club in 2009 in the Paris region. Since then padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France by going to cover the big French paddle events.