The 1st edition of Henri Leconte Padel Tour 2016 ended on the weekend of October 15-16 at Tennis Padel Reichstett Club, place where the national final of the HLPTour was held.
The HLPTour 2016 in figures is: 3 stages (Reichstett, Mont-de-Marsan, Avignon), 1 final (Reichstett), 150 teams registered for the stages including 25 pairs for the final:
- Reichstett: total success. The 3-4 September stage was the perfect start to Henri Leconte's circuit. The HLPTour brought together 40 pairs for 2 courts of padel ! Certainly the biggest tournament in the region. Despite the rain, the last matches were played at the weekend.
- Mont-de-Marsan: It has been the new HLP club since the end of June. A shattering start with 30 teams at the start during the stage of September 17-18. The little extra: exceptional weather in an exceptional setting.
- Avignon: The Avignon club signed Henry Leconte has also offered its HLPTour stage on October 8. The padel begins to break through in the region. The stage showed it well.
At the 1ages edition of the final phase at TC Reichstett: 4 categories (men's star, ladies' star, intermediate level, mixed star), 4 winning teams + a special prize.
Great sun and delivery of prizes by Henri Leconte who came all weekend.
Laureates Henri Leconte Padel Tour 2016:
- Men's star: Alexis Koessty / Sacha Brandon Merzetti
- Ladies Star: Alexandra Feist / Joanna Tomera
- Intermediate level: Alexandre Lorentz / Sandro Simeoni
- Mixed star: Joanna Tomera / Corentin Biron
Special prize: Jonathan Gomez who played 7 matches during the day, the mixed and star finals. He will have to give up following cramps and more than 4 hours of effort on the padel.
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.