The 1st edition of Henri Leconte Padel Tour 2016 s’est terminée le week-end du 15-16 octobre au Tennis Padel Club de Reichstett, lieu où s’est tenue la finale nationale du HLPTour.
The 2016 HLPTour in figures is: 3 stages (Reichstett, Mont-de-Marsan, Avignon), 1 final (Reichstett), 150 teams registered for stages including 25 pairs for the final:
- Reichstett: total success. The stage of the 3-4 September perfectly launched the circuit of Henri Leconte. The HLPTour has brought together 40 pairs for 2 paddle courts! Certainly the biggest tournament in the region. Despite the rain, the last matches were played on weekends.
- Mont-de-Marsan: This is the new club HLP since late June. A shattering start with 30 teams starting at the 17-18 stage in September. The small +: exceptional time in an exceptional setting.
- Avignon: The Avignon club signed Henry Leconte also proposed his stage HLPTour October 8. The padel begins to break in the area. The stage showed it well.
At the 1ages edition of the finals at TC Reichstett: 4 categories (men's star, ladies star, intermediate level, mixed star), 4 winning teams + a special prize.
Great sun and delivery of prizes by Henri Leconte who came all weekend.
Lauréats Henri Leconte Padel Round 2016:
- Star Gentlemen: Alexis Koessty / Sacha Brandon Merzetti
- Ladies' Star: Alexandra Feist / Joanna Tomera
- Intermediate level: Alexandre Lorentz / Sandro Simeoni
- Mixed star: Joanna Tomera / Corentin Biron
Special prize: Jonathan Gomez who played 7 matches in the day, the finals of the mixed and the star. He will have to give up following cramps and more than 4h of efforts on the padel fields.
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Pyramid Club in 2009 in the Paris region. Since then padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France by going to cover the big French paddle events.