This information passed almost incognito and yet it marks the end of a cycle for the world of padel professional. The only other shareholder of World Padel Tour, the investment fund Rucio Investments, throws in the towel and decides to sell his shares to… Estrella Damm.

Estrella Damm alone in charge again

Estralla Damm, which until then held 80% of the shares of the circuit, therefore recovers the remaining 20% ​​and therefore becomes the sole and exclusive owner of the circuit. World Padel Tour.

Estrella Damm, who had opened up her capital by welcoming, among other things, a new member to the board of directors, Ignacio Aguillo, will find himself again alone on board the World Padel Tour. The defection of this partner who wanted to be a chance for the former leader of the professional circuits actually marks a big turning point for the WPT. This is enough to continue to fuel the rumor that the circuit would cease its activity as soon as its contract with professional players ends.

A scheduled end?

It is not the association of professional players of padel who will say the opposite and even less the International Federation of Padel, particularly involved in the competitor circuit “Premier Padel".

However, let us remember, Ignacio Aguillo was supposed to bring a new dynamic to the World Padel Tour. He was considered a new strongman in the professional circuit with quite a calling card in the sports world. The association did not last more than a year and a half.

The absence of renewal of the contract binding the players to the WPT quite simply suggests that the circuit will stop at the end of 2023, thus explaining the choice of Rucio Investments.

And the recent optimistic words from the WPT not particularly reassuring...

Franck Binisti

Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.