Big day of padel on this Wednesday July 21 in Madrid for le World Padel Tour Las Rozas Open..
In the men
One real surprise during these 1/16 final, the favorites have secured and won their ticket for the 1/8 which will be played this Thursday, July 22 from 09:30 am.
The surprise of the day is of course the victory of Mati Diaz and Joseda Sanchez, newly associated, against Momo Gonzalez and Javi Rico, winners of the Marbella Challenger and seeded number 8: 3/6 6/3 6/4!
The new pairs Sanz / Silingo et Lamperti / Yanguas also did the job for their debut. Among the big matches of the day, we will retain the victory in the snatch of Alba / Gil against Leal / Semmler: 6/7 7/6 6/4, with three match points saved! For their debut, Arturo Coello and Javi Ruiz did not fail against one of the best pairs of the circuit, Di Nenno / Navarro, but ended up losing 4/6 6/2 6/3.
We will also remember the victories of two of the three pairs of Lucky Losers of these eighths: Del Castillo / Luque et Oria / Ruiz !
In the ladies
Same as for men, the favorites generally did the job.
However, there was still a little surprise during these 1/16 finals. She appeared during the meeting between Nelida Brito-Ana Fernandez et Sara Pujals - Julia Polo Bautista.
Indeed the latter, from the previas, managed to qualify for the 1 / 8th final after a 3-6 / 6-3 / 6-3 victory. A great performance that allows the Catalan and her partner to face las Martas this morning.
But the good news of the day is above all the qualification of our French Léa Godallier and his partner Ariadna Cañellas. The Franco-Spanish pair came to the end of the duo Arantxa Soriano - Angela Caro in 3 sets, 2-6 / 6-7 (8) / 3-6.
They will have to give everything against the world number 3 pair made up of Ari Sanchez and Paula Josemaria.
It's over, however, for Alix Collombon et Jessica castello who have undergone the law of the new association Carnicero / Reiter (6/4 6/4).
The video summary
Posters of the day
- Patricia Llaguno - Virginia Riera / Lucia Martinez - Veronica Virseda from 09:30 p.m.
- Lucia Sainz - Beatriz Gonzalez / Sofia Araujo - Ana Nogueira at the same time.
- Marta Talavan - Lorena Rufo / Aranzazu Osoro - Victoria Iglesias in the second part of the morning
- Delfina Brea - Tamara Icardo / Eli Amatriain - Carolina Navarro at the same time.
- Ariana Sanchez - Paula Josemaria / Léa Godallier and Ariadna Cañellas in the third part of the morning
- Alejandra Salazar - Gemma Triay / Sandra Bellver as Claudia Jensen at the same time
- Majo Alayeto - Teresa Navarro / Esther Carnicero - Cecilia Reiter late morning
- Marta Marrero - Marta Ortega / Sara Pujals - Julia Polo Bautista.
- Federico Chingotto - Juan Tello / Juan Martin Diaz - Pablo Lijo from 09h30.
- Fernando Belasteguin - Sanyo Gutierrez / Juan Cruz Beluatti - Javier Garrido in the second part of the morning
- Paquito Navarro - Martin Di Nenno / Miguel Yanguas - Miguel Lamperti in the third part of the morning.
- Pablo Lima - Agustin Tapia / Salvador Oria - Jorge Ruiz to 16h00.
- Maxi Sanchez - Luciano Capra / Mario Del Castillo - Antonio Luque to 17h00.
- Matias Diaz - Joseda Sanchez / Victor Ruiz Remedios - José Rico in the second part of the afternoon.
- Alejandro Ruiz - Franco Stupazcuk / Agustin Sillingo - Jon Sanz at the same time on another site.
- Alejandro Galan - Juan Lebron / Sergio Alba - Francisco Gil Morales at the end of the day.
Fan of padel and of Spanish origin, the padel runs through my veins. Very happy to share with you my passion through the world reference of padel : Padel Magazine.