- French championships padel 2021 will take place from 24 26 in September. A somewhat special final phase since the European Championships should take place this year from 28 June at 4 July 2021.
So there will be no qualifying places to be part of the France team in 2021 since Europe will take place before France.
The 2021 Competition Guide specifies the modalities of these French championships of padel :
DIFFERENT PHASES OF SENIOR FRENCH CHAMPIONSHIPS
The 2021 French Seniors Championships Padel break down into 2, or even 3 phases, depending on the organization specific to each League.
- The departmental phase, qualifying for the Regional Championship. This phase can be organized by certain Committees, but is optional. The dates of the departmental phases are determined by each League (for any information, please contact your Committee or your League).
- The Regional Championship, qualifier for the French Championship, will take place either the weekend of June 19 and 20, 2021, or the weekend of June 26 and 27, 2021 (at the choice of the League).
(Leagues are advised to exempt the best pairs from the departmental stages and qualify them directly for the regional stage).
- The French Championship 2021 will take place on September 24, 25 and 26, 2021. 24 female pairs and 24 male pairs will participate in the French Championship.
THE RULES OF PARTICIPATION
The 2021 French Seniors Championships Padel are open to players:
- French nationality,
- FFT licensees on behalf of the 2021 sports year, and whose license date meets the deadline conditions set by the League to be able to participate in the Regional Championship,
- whose license certificate bears the words "Competition authorized",
- belonging to the age category 16 years or above. Please note, both players must be licensed in the same League (and not necessarily in the same department!)
Specifications of the French Championships Padel
For departmental or regional Championships, if less than 4 pairs participate in the event, it will not be approved, but one or more pairs may naturally be qualified for the following phase.
In any case, the League will qualify a pair for the French Championships, even if only one pair has registered for the Regional Championship.
A player can only participate in one Regional Championship.
PLEASE NOTE: since the departmental qualifying phases and the Regional Championship qualify for the French Championship, the “Lucky Loser” rule does not apply.
How to qualify?
Each League may qualify from 1 to N pairs, female or male, for the French Senior Championships.
The League Champion pair will automatically qualify; the League may then indicate on its entry form a maximum of 9 other qualifying pairs having participated in the Regional Championship.
NB: a pair registered for the Regional Championship but having had to declare WO for medical reason, may however be registered by its League (the WO must be justified by the presentation of a Medical Certificate).
Also, for each event, 24 pairs will be qualified:
- The league champion pairs are directly qualified;
- Additional places are allocated to the best pairs registered throughout France, in the June 2021 Ranking (i.e. the Ranking used at the time of the Regional Championships), regardless of the result obtained by these pairs during their Regional Championship.
For more information and details, direction the 2021 Competition Guide.
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.