Our chronicle will focus today, on one of these small pleasures of which we always doubt whether it is beneficial or not for sport: Chocolate. Are padel and chocolate compatible?
For all chocolate lovers, we confirm that this "delicacy" has many good properties for the body. But beware ! Do not rush on the first chocolate bar you find, we refer to pure chocolate, the darkest possible, the one that continues at least 70% cocoa.
A chocolate that is not pure, with added sugar and milk contains a high glycemic level, and the dreaded saturated fats that must be avoided are back. Indeed, the chocolate itself is "good" for health, which is not at all, they are all devices that manufacturers add, so do not take or as little as possible.
Keeping this in mind, we come back to the benefits of chocolate (without additives) that can be perfectly included in any person's diet. A study from the University of California at San Diego suggests that pure cocoa can increase the body's ability to play sports.
Here are some of the benefits of chocolate, with moderate consumption of course:
- A natural antidepressant : it promotes the production of serotonin in our brain, which allows us to improve our mood, and to go on the ground with a conquering mind.
- An antioxidantAntioxidants prevent the action of free radicals in the body (unstable molecules of oxygen), and cell degeneration. Chocolate is one for its content of vitamins, and cocoa minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
- The skin: for its high content of flavonoids, antioxidants that protect the skin from UV rays.
- Energy sourceThis is what we need when we have a hard game or a paddle tournament in sight.
- Rich in magnesium: source of great nutritional values for athletes, because it contributes to muscle building.
- Lucidity, and intelligenceChocolate contains anandomina, a compound that activates brain receptors.
- Strengthens the heart, and contributes to the proper functioning of the arteries.
- Blood circulation: alkaloids exert a tonic action, and diuretic on the body. So the blood circulation is better, so the muscles are more quickly supplied with oxygen, so you will be less tired, and you will recover faster.
Alexis Dutour is passionate about paddle. With his training in communication and marketing, he puts his skills at the service of the padel to offer us articles always very interesting.