Christian Collange, the chairman of the padel committee for the PACA FFT league, talks about the development of the padel in France and mainly about his league with figures, new circuits and other actions that will be launched in January 2019.
The Paca league launches new things in the padel as early as January 2019. Can you tell us more ?
The padel is making a place for itself as a mass discipline. 3 indicators to demonstrate it:
- The evolution of the number of classified: we count today 6000 players and classified players in France;
- The number of homologated events: in 2017, we were in PACA in mind, but the practice is now developing throughout the territory and competitions are developing everywhere: it is important to succeed in harmonizing all these events, smooth tournaments in PACA, because in 2018 in PACA, we realized that 16 structures did not organize any tournament ... It is necessary to develop the amateur level with our will to propose "the padel and the competition for all".
- 3eme indicator is the evolution of club projects concerning the padel: in PACA, 2 projects in 2016 and 11 in 2018.
The discipline is an integral part of the FFT development policy and the league, the goal now being to develop practice sites throughout the territory;
Regarding actions taken ...
- 1er Men's Championship and 1 Mixed Championship BY TEAM, which brings together more than 50 teams in PACA, which is a success. This FFT-certified P100 and P250 championship, started in November and follows a meticulous organization like the tennis championships: it was necessary to create everything, and of course this model will be used by other leagues. I want to thank all the team of employees of the PACA league who does an exceptional job. Not to mention the active members of my commission;
- The mixed events homologated in the tournaments, this year in PACA, about thirty tests should see the light of day;
- 2 actions and jy particularly, are put in place by our PACA commission, this year to come:
- a circuit SENIOR PLUS 45 years, which will begin in January, which will gather 11 stages on all the territory PACA. This circuit will be approved as P100 or P250;
- for young people: rallies / detections / friendly tournaments will be organized on 16 sites in 2019.
- a better identification of the padel player
- better communication of the activity
- teaching and structuring of padel schools
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Pyramid Club in 2009 in the Paris region. Since then padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France by going to cover the big French paddle events.