Come on aficionados, after a small voluntary absence during the WPT in Madrid due to the French Championships of padel the 4Padel of Colomiers (where we were once again able to attend the coronation, in front of an audience on fire, among the girls of Alix Collombon / Léa Godallier and among the boys of Bastien Blanqué and Thomas Leygue), here I am back to decipher this week at the WPT German Open.
On the women's side, several points were superb but, this time, I will retain one point for duration and precision. During the final at 15/30 in 1er 2 gameth set, a point of 1min and 17 seconds with no less than 53 shots made!
And if you want a little more, admire Gemma Triay's behind-the-back volley at 5/4 in the tie-break of the second set: a treat!
For the men, it's in the final, in the 2th set at 0/15 on Stupa's serve that we were able to see a real puntazo : double wall defense, volley / volley, slammed smash, retro, par3 and door, in short, everything was there!
- Our two French women Alix Collombon and Léa Godallier: eliminated at the start of the final draw: what a shame after the promises seen in Paris...
- Delfi Brea / Bea Gonzalez: another defeat in the quarter-final against Patty Llaguno and Lucia Sainz, who give them more than fifteen years each…
- Sorry for the fans but it's been a long time since the Coello / Tapia pair lost in the semi-final so... we're putting them in the flops for once!
- We feel the end of a very great career for the Alayeto sisters, “The Gemelas Atomikas” who lost in the round of XNUMX.
- Pablo Ayma's protégés (Alejandra Alonso and Andrea Ustero) who are in eighth after their quarter in Madrid last week.
- The young pair Libaak / Augsburger who reached the 1/4 finals
- The Sanz / Nieto pair who lost in the quarter-final by pushing the world number 1s to the tie-break of the third set: what a match!
- Lebron and Galan who are finally back on the top step: a lasting return to the forefront?
The finals movie
For the ladies, Ari Sanchez and Paula Josemaria won again! So I grant you, it's not very original for several months now but opposite them, we found the Triay / Ortega pair who are very seriously starting to find the right automatisms, with visible progression tournament after tournament. When will we see a victory against the number 1s?
Among the men, there is not much exceptional to say as the mastery of the Galan / Lebron pair was total in this final. The clear score of 6/2 6/2 is proof of this. Are we in the process of rediscovering the grinta ofEl Lobo and the wisdom of Galantico ? If this is the case, the next tournaments look great hot !
After a short week of laying down, I'm waiting for you in Amsterdam from October 7 to 15, in the land of tulips!
Laurent Imbert, alias Coach Zorrus, is a true French legend of the Padel. From its beginnings in the 90s, it has known everything about the evolution of Padel in France and around the world! A true connoisseur, known and recognized by his peers in France and abroad, he will share his expertise with us at each stage of the WPT!