Resume the padel hurts muscles and especially back. In order to avoid too much muscle aches, here are 7 stretches that will only take you 7 minutes.
These stretches are simple and will give you great relief. Resuming physical activity in a “normal” way, as we had left it, provokes muscular pains which are aches. Drinking water helps recovery but good stretching helps the muscles to get better oxygenation and therefore recovery.
Here are 7 stretches to perform after sport, on waking, at the end of the day, in short, when you want because they are always good for your muscles.
- Lying on your back, one leg extended, grab the other leg below the knee and pull towards you. Keep in the position for 30 seconds then renew. Same thing with the other leg.
- Same position on the back, this time with the legs bent. Grab the knee and bring it back to the chest. Keep the position for 20 seconds then move to the other leg. Repeat the stretch a second time.
- Always lying on your back, legs extended, tilt one knee over the other leg with the intention of making him touch the ground. Place the opposite hand on this knee to accentuate the movement. The free hand will be extended to the ground. The goal is to stretch the muscles of the spine and especially relieve sciatica. Keep the position for 20 seconds and move to the other side.
- On the ground, legs bent, cross one of the two legs above the other. Using both hands, grab the hollow under the knee of the leg resting on the ground and pull towards you. Stretch for 2 seconds and move to the other leg.
- One knee on the ground, one foot flat as if you wanted to get up. With both hands resting on the knee, tilt the pelvis forward. Keep stretching for 30 seconds, then change legs. Repeat a second time.
- While standing, stretch the quadriceps by grabbing the ankle of the bent leg. Tilt the pelvis forward while trying to keep the body straight. Same thing with the other leg for 30 seconds.
- Leaning against a wall with your hands at waist level, arms outstretched, tilt your head forward. Hold the position for the first time for 30 seconds then 15 seconds.
- Finally here are 3 movements to perform for 10 seconds.
- Arms crossed at elbow level, in front of the abdominals, pull the shoulders forward.
- Arms crossed at wrists above the head, pull the shoulders up.
- Arm cross, pull the shoulders back.
Julien Bondia is a teacher of padel in Tenerife. He is the founder of AvantagePadel.net, a software very popular with clubs and players of padel. Columnist and advisor, he helps you to play better through his many tutorials padel.