Maybe you are making a mistake with the service at padel without knowing. The rule of service at padel is very precise. The French Tennis Federation speaks about it in its article 6 concerning the rules of the game.
6 RULE - THE SERVICE
– As in tennis, the server must serve in the diagonally opposite “square”. The ball must first bounce in the opponent's service box before it can be returned. It can then bounce several times on the walls or the fence.
– Once the ball is hit, it must not touch any part of its half of the field (ground, walls, etc.) before bouncing into the opposing party.
– To initiate the point, the two feet of the server must be behind the service line (“base” line, parallel to the net), and between the imaginary extension of the center line and the side window. The server must therefore never touch the service line or the central imaginary line with one of his feet.
At waist height or below the waist
- At the time of typing, the server must have at least one foot on the ground. - Service should be "spooning", at belt height, or below the belt, and after rebound; the rebound must be done in the server's half of the field and must be behind the end line (be careful, a service is announced if the server totally misses the ball by trying to hit it).
- After the first rebound in the opponent's service box, the ball must not touch the mesh part, otherwise the ball is counted foul. Two tries are possible, if both are wrong the point is for the opponent.
– If the ball hits the net and then crosses the net by falling into the right opposite service square, the ball is let and to be played again (unless the ball after a let service, bounces it into the right square then hits the grid, in which case the service will be considered false).
- If the receiver is not ready when the server hits its service, the point is to be replayed.
- The server remains the same during a game. The receiver as well as the two teammates can place themselves where they want in their respective camp.
- The team that serves the first game chooses which player will be the first server. At the next game, ditto for the opposing team. The order of the servers must remain the same until the end of the set. The order may change at each start of the set for each team.
– The receiver of the first point of the set, will return all the services played in this diagonal throughout this same set. The same goes for the second receiver in the other diagonal. This order can only be changed at the start of each set.
- If an error is made on the order of the servers, this error must be repaired as soon as it is discovered, and the good player must then resume the service, the acquired score remaining established. If, on the other hand, the error is discovered only after a game has been completed, the inversion of the servers will remain in place, and it is this new order that will be used until the end of the set (same principle if the error is discovered during a decisive game).
Franck Binisti discovers the padel at the Club des Pyramides in 2009 in the Paris region. Since padel is part of his life. You often see him touring France going to cover the major events of padel French.