Here is how the top 16 pairs for both men and women should be ranked at the start of the 2021 season on the World Padel Tour.
Remember that the World Padel Tour a blocked the ranking on March 30, 2020, at the time of the first confinement. Then she set up a Breed, a ranking taking into account only the results of the year 2020, in order to determine the eight pairs that could participate in the Menorca Master Final.
As we told you previously les World Padel Tour will set up a unlocking the ranking, taking into account for each player during the first tournament of the year, the points of Race 2020, the 5 best results of 2019, as well as for those who took part, the points of two Challenger tournaments (Paris and San Janvier ), as well as those of the 2020 FIP tournaments.
Here's what it should look like for the top 16 men's and women's pairs at the start of fiscal 2021.
The top 16 pairs for men
- Galan / Lebron: 32 240 points
- Belasteguin / Gutierrez: 20 945 points
- Lima / Tapia: 19 955 points
- Navarro / Di Nenno: 15 170 points
- Chingotto / Tello: 13 460 points
- Germani / Sanchez: 12 101 points
- Ruiz / Stupaczuk: 11 810 points
- Botello / Ruiz: 10 470 points
- Silingo / Diaz: 9 835 points
- Mieres / Cepero: 5 799 points
- Javi Rico / Momo Gonzalez: 5 310 points
- JM Diaz / Nieto: 4 425 points
- Capra / Lijo: 4 217 points
- Piñeiro / Barahona: 4 174 points
- Bergamini / Campagnolo: 4 109 points
- Belluati / Garrido: 4 072 points
Unsurprisingly, Ale Galan and Juan Lebron, great dominators this season, have a fairly clear lead over their pursuers. To note that number 1 when starting the year will be Galan, who, with 16 points, exceeds his teammate Lebron (360 points).
Behind, we find the three new pairs Bela / Sanyo, Lima / Tapia and Di Nenno / Navarro, followed by Chingotto / Tello, a little penalized by the results of 2019. Behind it is logical, with the little surprise Cepero / Mieres in 10th position, which benefits from the vouchers Juani's results in 2019.
Then, from the 12th place, the pairs stand in a pocket square !
The first 16 pairs for women
- Salazar / Triay: 24055 point
- Marrero / Ortega: 22 190 points
- Josemaria / Sanchez: 21 275 points
- Gonzalez / Sainz: 17 710 points
- Alayeto / Alayeto: 15 800 points
- Amatriain / Araujo: 8 850 points
- Llaguno / Riera: 8 850 points
- Nogueira / Tenorio : 6 points
- Brea / Icardo: 5 120 points
- Carolina Navarro / Reiter: 4 905 points
- Iglesias / Osoro: 4 853 points
- Galan / Villalba: 4 393 points
- Lucia Martinez / Virseda: 3 601 points
- Teresa Navarro / Carnicero : 2 points
- Rufo / Talavan: 2761 point
- Brito / Traviesa: 2 650 points
Among the girls, three pairs are very close at the top of the ranking, with the brand new association in the lead: Salazar / Triay. Note that there is two tied world number 1: Ale Salazar and Ari Sanchez, who, with 12 points each, are ahead of Triay and Sainz (390 points)!
The two pairs who “switched” Araujo / Amatriain and Llaguno / Riera, are tied for sixth position, with 8 points each!
A bit like Mieres / Cepero for the men, the pair of veterans Nogueira / Tenorio is a bit of a surprise in the standings. This pair takes advantage of the Portuguese's good results in 2019 to start the year as seed number 8!
Behind, it's like with men, several pairs stand in very few points!
Xan is a fan of padel. But also rugby! And his posts are just as punchy. Physical trainer of several padel, he unearths atypical posts or deals with topical subjects. It also gives you some tips to develop your physique for the padel. Clearly, he imposes his offensive style as on the field of padel !